Graphic Designer/Production Artist
Graphic Designer/Production Artist APPLY NOW
Do you have a passion for graphic design and creating production-ready tech packs? Do you crave innovation and ingenuity on a regular basis? Shady Rays is looking for a Graphic Designer/Production Artist on the West Coast who is a self-motivated team player with a collaborative spirit. They take initiative, have a keen eye for detail, are efficient & process-oriented, and are able to multitask in a fast-paced, remote, idea-generating environment. This position will serve as a critical member of the product team and will help drive the strategic plan and multi-year product development roadmap in order to help Shady Rays achieve the mid to long range goals.
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist will focus on creating products through the design of graphics, patterns or color recommendations for all Shady Rays product categories. They will be driven by increasing the product’s visual appeal while aligning with the brand language and strategy. The Production Artist/Graphic Designer will collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure designs are applied to products on time and as intended and the technical files are set up accurately.
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist works cross functionally with all of our internal teams and requires organization, creativity, a proactive attitude, flexibility, the ability to work independently and with the willingness to learn. They must meet delivery timelines and should align with company strategies.
Job responsibilities (including, but not limited to the following):
● Create high quality mockups to display creative work in a real-life environment for review purposes.
● A passion for creativity, are active team participants and contributors to a creative and innovative work culture
● Ensure all projects are accurate, specs are correct, text is proof-read, and technical files are set up accurately. Review project work for highest standards of quality, consistency and success
● Create and maintain line drawings for entire product catalog
● Create and maintain product binders for entire product catalog
● Create and maintain product templates for product catalog presentations
● Graphic Design: Create visually compelling and on-brand graphics for all product categories
● Develop on-brand, new and emerging graphics and enhance existing concepts while working all product stakeholders
● Work cross functionally with various departments to develop the look and stories that reflect the overall brand vision.
● Color Schemes: Develop and select appropriate color schemes that resonate with our target audience and align with current design trends.
● Conceptualization: Collaborate with the product and marketing team to brainstorm and develop new design concepts for product graphics.
● Technical Skills: Possess a strong understanding of graphic design software (Adobe, illustrator, Photoshop, In-design)
● Brand Consistency: Stay updated on industry trends, competitor designs, and customer preferences to inform design decisions.
● Create and develop 100% print ready art files for all products within all categories that reflect graphic or color stories for the season at hand.
● Print Production: Work closely with production teams to ensure that graphics are suitable for various printing techniques and materials.
● Adhere to product development timelines and meet all deadlines.
● Occasional travel required (HQ & trade shows)
Go to Market/Brand collaboration
● Market Research: Stay updated on industry trends, competitor designs, and customer preferences, to inform design decisions.
● Analyzes marketplace consistently to ensure products are competitive and superior to others
● Collaborates with brand team around market research projects and develops understanding of target consumer broadly socializing insights within the company
● Reside on the West Coast
● Bachelor's degree or higher or combination of relevant education, experience and training
● 2-5 years professional experience in a design agency, in-house firm, brand or similar
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
● Knowledgeable in the optical/eyewear industry a plus
● Can interpret engineering/design drawings and be able to take designs and place them on various products without losing the creative intent
● Comfortable with the remote working environment
● Can work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
● Extremely detail oriented and organized
● Continuous improvement mentality
● Strong problem-solving skills, especially independently (due to remote working environment) and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
● Works efficiently and effectively, with an eye on timeline and deadlines
● Comfortable communicating with senior team members to receive feedback with excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Able to challenge ideas while showing respect for others and form productive and positive cross functional relationships
● Outstanding knowledge and expertise in all aspects of layout, typography, illustration, imagery, and product graphic layouts.
● Possess the ability to communicate ideas and designs through sketching or other quick visuals and apply those to all product categories
● Ability to create documents and drawings for outside vendors
● Strong time management with ability to toggle between daily and long-term tasks, keeping workstreams moving forward simultaneously
● Attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills in service of your creative projects
● Proactive approach to identifying and acting on ways to improve the work, continually pushing the vision forward
● Appreciates working in a fast paced environment
● Desire to learn and be challenged on a regular basis
● Sociable, with excellent interpersonal skills
● Able to build strong team relationships
● Driven and ambitions, with a positive can-do attitude
Why Work Here?
Shady Rays is an independent lifestyle eyewear brand and one of the fastest-growing sunglasses brands in the U.S. All shades are made with high-quality, polarized lenses in a variety of sunglass frame styles.
We recognize the importance of cultivating an exceptional workplace and our leaders are committed to creating a place of employment that is both meaningful and fulfilling. We have been recognized this year as an honoree by Best Places to Work in Greater Louisville!
Join our dynamic and growing team and help us make a positive impact while disrupting the sunglasses industry! Be an integral part of a fast-growing, social-conscious company with a positive culture!
· Competitive compensation plus ongoing incentives and annual bonus potential
· Comprehensive health insurance
· 100% company paid dental and vision
· PTO (Paid Time Off)
· Paid holidays
· Paid wellness days
· 401k with employer matching and immediate vesting
· Employee discounts
· Prescription discounts
· Health program reimbursement
· Employee development
· Employee recognition
· Short term disability
· Life insurance
· Paid maternity/paternity leave
· Company-wide fitness challenges with rewards
· Paid adventure days
Shady Rays is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Background check and drug test required prior to employment with ongoing random drug test potential.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance